Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Travel Well My Friend...

Nathaniel L. Akers
Monday, June 29, 2009

A breeze blows across my face, gone you are ---- I miss your embrace
Echoes of a time that’s past, I wish that our days would’ve forever last.
Prepared you are for your heavenly state, waving good-bye from the pearly gates.
Travel well I‘ll see you soon, remember to tell God to save me a room.
You lived your life everyday in grace, praying to God to one day see his face.
Seeing you now that white looks well---linen or silk? I cannot tell
Your face is glowing and your smiling now; job well done now take a bow.
The time has come for you to go; I’ll say good-bye as the angels say hello.
I watch you as you leave this place, you ran well and finished this race.
I will miss you! on that you can depend this is your beginning--- though it feels like the end.
Eyes are watering cause your far away, You smile and say there will be another day
I believe you words so my tears cease, I trust in God so I make my peace.
Your silhouette has all but disappeared. I can’t help it, here again comes the tears.
My heart is full cause my friend is gone, I’ll let my heart empty and carry on.
Memories unite us ---forever we will be, never will I forget you are my memories my the joys and laughter are my guarantees.
When you travel my friend travel well, Hold on tight to the hand of Raphael....

No comments:

Post a Comment