Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Leave the Stomp....
 by Nathaniel Akers
10/19/2016

Inspired by Daniel 4:13-17

Leaving the stomp was all that was left
green light given to the enemies theft

flood gates opened for tragedy
aimed at destroying the rest of me

leaves stripped bare and branches empty
trouble keep circling trying to tempt me

flying's impossible when wings have been clipped
 going the right way now things have flipped

Saving my roots while obliterating a disgrace
taking mud life smeared it in my face

seeing red I have lost my place
chaining me inside the enemies base

I have become what I feared the most
the watchman who has abandoned his post

Not much left I am flat on my back
falling behind you can't lead the attack

Is it possible that I can be made again
making the Potter my best friend

roots can regrow at the command of GOD
regrow in places that others think is odd

the master of life said leave the stomp
I can remake what other have junked

When GOD sees a tree others see a stomp
God will remake what others take to the dump





















No comments:

Post a Comment